Students, faculty and staff will be able to receive their PennCards by appointment using the below application. This will enable you to request a date and time that is convenient for you to receive your card. Benefits of this service include:
- Easy to use
- Minimizes waiting time
- Ability to pick up your replacement card at a date & time that you choose
To assist you in minimizing the wait time to activate your new PennCard's features, your current PennCard will be deactivated approximately 2 to 3 hours before your appointment. (Special note regarding Perelman School of Medicine facilities.)
IMPORTANT: REGARDING ALL NEW HIRES, AND NEW ISSUES & RENEWALS OF SPONSORED CARD TYPES
All required onboarding tasks or required documents (such as a valid photo ID and, if required, a PennCard Request Form) must be competed or present to receive a PennCard. Making an appointment does not guarantee the issuance of a PennCard if tasks and documents are incomplete or missing.
Important: You must produce a valid Passport, or a valid photo ID issued by a U.S. state, territory, or the U.S. Federal Government to receive your first PennCard.
You must bring one of the following to the PennCard office:
- A valid passport.
- A valid photo ID issued by a U.S. state, territory, or the U.S. Federal Government (examples: driver's license, state-issued photo ID card, U.S. military ID)
No other documentation can be accepted other than those above. Unacceptable documents include, but are not limited to:
- Reproductions or photographs of documents;
- Expired or otherwise invalid documents;
- Identification cards issued outside of the United States and its territories;
- International driving licenses;
- Voting registration cards;
- Visas or other immigration documents;
- Photo identification from another educational institution.
Follow the prompts below to begin.
Security procedures for Perelman School of Medicine buildings require that you confirm that you have received a new PennCard to restore your building access. Upon receiving your new PennCard, contact PSOM Public Safety to have your access restored. Visit 109 Stellar-Chance Laboratories or call 215.898.0196. Note that you must contact this office to renew your access each time you receive a new PennCard.