University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS) employees may obtain a PennCard for use at the Library and at the University’s recreation services.
- Bring a valid, government issued photo I.D. to the PennCard Center.
- Paid UPHS staff will receive a card valid for 5 years.
- Non-paid UPHS staff and guests will receive a card valid for 1 year.
- The cost of the card is $30 and can be paid by cash, check, or credit (Visa or Master Card).
Important: A valid, US government issued photo I.D. or Passport will be required in order to pick up your first PennCard.
- A valid Federal or U.S. state/territorial government-issued photo I.D. such as a driver’s license or photo ID card.
- A valid passport.
No other documentation can be accepted other than those above. Unacceptable documents include, but are not limited to:
- UPHS ID cards, badges, etc;
- Reproductions or photographs of documents;
- Expired or otherwise invalid documents;
- International driving licenses;
- Voting registration cards;
- Visas or other immigration documents;
- Photo identification from another educational institution.
It can take up to two (2) hours for building access privileges to become available again after receiving a new PennCard. This applies for most campus buildings.
If you previously had access to Perelman School of Medicine or Health System buildings and recently received a new PennCard, you must contact PSOM Public Safety to have your access restored. Visit 109 Stellar-Chance Laboratories or call 215.898.0196.