For faculty and staff currently working on campus who need to update or replace their cards, PennCard services are still available by appointment only. Appointment hours are Monday to Friday, 10:00am to 5:00pm (subject to change).
Please note that a mask must be worn during your appointment. For questions and appointments, contact email@example.com. For COVID-19 information and updates for the University, please consult coronavirus.upenn.edu.
University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS) employees may obtain a PennCard for use at the Library and at the University’s recreation services.
- Bring a valid, government issued photo I.D. to the PennCard Center.
- Paid UPHS staff will receive a card valid for 5 years.
- Non-paid UPHS staff and guests will receive a card valid for 1 year.
- The cost of the card is $30 and can be paid by cash, check, or credit (Visa or Master Card).
Important: A valid, US government issued photo I.D. or Passport will be required in order to pick up your first PennCard.
- A valid Federal or U.S. state/territorial government-issued photo I.D. such as a driver’s license or photo ID card.
- A valid passport.
No other documentation can be accepted other than those above. Unacceptable documents include, but are not limited to:
- UPHS ID cards, badges, etc;
- Reproductions or photographs of documents;
- Expired or otherwise invalid documents;
- International driving licenses;
- Voting registration cards;
- Visas or other immigration documents;
- Photo identification from another educational institution.